Corvisa Services - We are the rapidly growing technology and creative division for the NovaStar subsidiary companies, a series of companies dedicated to innovation and pushing the status quo. We're lucky to have the best of both worlds - a start-up mentality with the resources and leadership of a big business. For more information email at email@example.com or call 414-431-5644Job Description
Department: Engineering & Development
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
As a Software Developer with StreetLinks, you will be responsible for the design and development of our RESTful API and backend processing jobs to add new system functionality that will support our growing customer base.
Under the guidance of StreetLinks management, you will accurately and rapidly write code for various StreetLinks software products, which entails using proper coding conventions as well as following any specific StreetLinks desired coding conventions. Emphasis is on producing clean and lean code that is capable of functioning and scaling in highly demanding business environments.
We are looking for a thinking programmer who desires to join a highly productive team and wants to immediately contribute by totally immersing themselves in our products.
The ideal candidate will be religious about the use of source control and desire to properly cover your code with ample test cases and documentation. You should feel comfortable working with a small team of highly experienced and talented developers, but should be able to function on your own when given a project.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent application development skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with all organizational levels
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to rely on sound application development principles, methodologies and creativity when planning and accomplishing projects and goals
- Willingness to take and be accountable for risks
- Self-confidence and be self-motivated
- Ability to work and function well with minimal direction or with team discussion and verbal direction/specification vs. highly structured written documentation/specifications
Applicants should have demonstrable experience with:
- Expert knowledge of Perl (preferred) or another scripting language such as Python, PHP or Ruby
- Knowledge and regular use of source control
- Working knowledge of Catalyst MVC framework, DBIx::Class, and Moose
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with REST API design patterns and concepts
Bachelor/s degree in Computer Science, MCS, MIS, Computer Engineering is a plus, but must be coupled with experience.
|Date Posted||7/6/2012 4:13 pm|